Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Super Skinny experience

Its a cold winter morning in December.You walk down a busy street in the downtown of a big metropolis.You find one , then another and then well too many to brush aside as detractors, dressed in what seemed like "congenital pants", pants they were born with and have ever since been in them.Well how else could one explain the fit of those pants, to call them just tight is an understatement, to call them a second skin well it does do them some justice.Initially I shrug them off as the fashion faux pas of some pervasively freaky teenagers desperate to give some "volume" to their thighs and hide their otherwise boyish frame.But then on a closer look it was not just the skinny but the not so skinny too who were clad in the same.This led me to conclude that maybe, just maybe, it obliterated the need for a thermal and provided the best insulation against the bitter cold winds in addition to being fanciful and fashionable.Of course popular fashion must have a purpose.

As I amble along the road with these thoughts in my mind, I spot a denim store.I step in and find a huge collection of low rise in the most sought after "super-skinny" style.Being a size 6, though I have considered myself to be on the thinner side , looking at these pants with their "drain pipe" legs put me in doubt as to whether I found fit in one "comfortably".With a quickening breath and a pounding heart I make a dash towards the trial room.After much pulling and puffing I'm finally in them and I felt I was being subject to some kind of torture.Something pressing into my flesh at the hips and being too tight to even let me lift my foot wasn't really my sense of style, my motto being "Style follows comfort".Try sitting or bending in them and lo you are doing "an indecent exposure" .I gave it a long hard look, got out of it , tossed it back on a shelf and walked out liberated in ways more than one for not only had I gained back my unrestricted movement but also had won the satisfaction of having stood my ground as against following the "herd" and lugging around in something really constricting to the core.

No comments:

blog readability test

TV Reviews

 
Google